Sunday, September 14, 2008

Another week down

So after another week of class we have had some great discussions in class about privacy and the internet. I hadn't thought about it too much but I realized that privacy is an issue for some people and it may affect their work. For me, as a student, what I post, say and do don't directly affect me and my job. We also each had our own computers in class so were able to work at our own pace and get personal settings going right away.

We also worked with Twitter and looked at its benefits. Twitter is an easy way for others to know what you're up to on a day to day basis. People can post "tweets" that are then posted to people that follow you You have 140 characters to describe your current mood, activities, or random thoughts. I think this could be a great way to provide students with reminders of upcoming due dates or other assignments. It is also possible to have the messages sent to your cell phone so that you can be informed of people's activities at any moment.

We did a lot of playing around in class and I look forward to the readings this week and figuring out how to get twitter on my desktop. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments: