Wednesday, October 22, 2008

RSS-3

So I've been at home this week so have had a bit more time to work with my pages and figure out what's really important to me. I added a few more feeds over the weekend just to get some more diverse blogs in there. I added one about Literacy in the classroom, a Runner's World blog to find nearby races, and one on Political News so that I can stay up to date on the current presidential election. I have enjoyed looking at each of them and think that I might continue because they might be useful in the future.

I had lots of fun looking at all of the different up and coming races on the Runner's World website and found a video particularly interesting on the types of shoes that are best for certain running styles.

The techlearning blog that I follow had an interesting article on Wordle. What wordle does is create customizable word clouds and is a strategy used to help students or adults see the words that they use most frequently. The clouds are created from the text that you provide and then the most commonly used words are most prominent.

It has been very interesting and educational to read up on all of these blogs and also helps me keep up on what's going on in the world. Sometimes being on a college campus you get wrapped up in classes, work, and a social life that you lose touch of what's going on outside of the little campus bubble. Following these different blogs has helped me pop my bubble a little bit or at least put a dent in it.

No comments: