Tuesday, October 14, 2008

RSS-step one

The first step of using RSS is understanding what it is. In my last class of Emergent Technologies we learned about RSS and how it all works. The basic point of RSS is to make life easier and save people time. I don't understand the specifics but having a general idea of how it can save valuable time is all you need. I chose to use igoogle and google reader as my main sites. Igoogle is great because you can set up all of your gadgets for whatever you think you'll use. I personally check my email and the weather daily so I have those right there on my page. I also placed the To Do list and the things to ponder on close to the top so that I could see them right away. The itunes downloads was just something fun I thought might strike up an interest in a certain type of music or let me know when a song is available to download.



This is a picture of my igoogle homepage.

I chose to use Google reader for my blogs to keep the two areas separated and more organized. I subscribed to all of the blogs of my classmates, Dr. Z's, the RWLD blog, 2 Cents Worth, Weblogg-ed, Edublogs and Coolcatteacher. I also looked into other blogs about strategies for teaching literacy in education and other technology in education blogs. I haven't found any specific ones that I wanted to subscribe to yet but have been looking some over and will decide in the next few days.



This is my google reader page. I have my blogs seperated into folders by what group it is which helps me keep them organized.

I have been checking in pretty regularly and am enjoying the convenience of having all my information in one place.

No comments: