Monday, October 20, 2008

RSS-Post 2

So I thought I had put this post up late last week but apparently I clicked save instead of Publish so here it is now. I've had a great time playing around with igoogle and following all of my blogs. Igoogle and google reader both make life so much easier, they are great! Igoogle offers me the ease of checking my email, the weather, the most current news, and other little tidbits all in one place. It saves me so much time and energy. Google reader is helpful too because I don't have to locate each individual blog and see if they have updated. The ones that I find most useful there are the class blog and then all of my classmates blogs. Before reader, I had to log in to webct or go to dr. z's blog to find out my assignments for the week and see if other students had updated. With the reader, I can see it all in one page.

I have also enjoyed reading up on some of the other blogs that we were asked to follow. When I was in Ireland, I followed a few of these same ones so it was nice to get back out there and see what the bloggers have been up to.

I especially found this article by David Warlick very interesting. How great would that be to be able to just snap a picture of the book cover and then see a description and rating instantly? I have linked part of the post below and also a link to the snaptell site

SnapTell is a free iPhone app that… Well here’s the description:

Snap a picture of the cover of any Book, DVD, CD, or Video game and within seconds see a rating, description and links to Amazon, Wikipedia, IMDb and more. If you like the item, click on a link to buy it right away.

Well hopefully I find time to read more of the postings but there are so many out there, it's hard to keep up. I will definitely be posting again soon!

No comments: